Friday, December 9, 2011

The Things We Take for Granted




Last night, at the lovely late hour of 11 o'clock. I went to take a shower. I waited 10 minutes for the water to heat up, thinking about how odd it was that the water was still freezing when normally it takes less than 2 minutes to get scalding hot water. Lucky me! My family's water heater broke- and since the problem was discovered at night, there was nothing we could do until the morning..aka... the basement flooded from the exploding heater and ruined the carpet and many other items that I have yet to identify.

Isn't life grand!? I almost  had to take a trip to the gym and use, gasp.... the gym showers at my gym, but than i would feel obligated to work out.... and I just felt kind of lethargic today!

Anyways, this lack of water in my household for the past 24 hours made me realize that I take such small things for granted. Like yesterday, when I left my phone in my car and did not have it on me all day. I thought i was going to die with out it.  Sure, you are thinking, poor, little rich girl with her car, and cell phone, and hot water systems at home. Yet, I realize, so many people do not have access to these things. when problems such as this arise, we should be thankful somehow, and realize that not others have access to such opportunities.

Well, anyways, I do now need to go dry my hair after the most luxurious, hot shower that I have ever taken- most likely because i knew that the possibilities of hot water was endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment